When you pet your pup, do you have to sweep up and use a lint roller? Let our grooming professionals help reduce your pet’s shedding and give you a break with our FURminator® deShedding Service.
Our FURminator service is MORE than just a brush! The service includes a bath or groom plus:
- FURminator low-shed shampoo & deShedding solution
- Blowout of loose & excess coat
- Extra brushing with FURminator Tool
Our safety-certified Pet Stylists are shedding experts. They know that dogs shed year-round (though spring and fall are the heaviest shedding seasons) and that a pet’s coat acts as a natural insulator in both cold and warm weather. When your dog sheds, the fur can build up and cause mats. A dog deShedding service removes the dead undercoat that kept your pet warm in the winter protects their skin from the heat of the sun and allows it to breathe.
And summer shave-downs aren’t necessarily the best way to stop dog shedding and keep them comfortable. Dogs have multiple hairs in each follicle that are constantly shedding. A shaved coat will continue to shed shorter hairs. Shaving your dog also means more maintenance; without regular brushing, follicles can become clogged, and the coat can change colors and look sparse. (For severely thick, tangled or matted coats—or other health reasons—your vet may recommend a shaved coat. At PetSmart, we can perform that service safely and professionally.)
A routine deShedding service makes your life less hairy.
- FURminator helps reduce dog shedding up to 90% which means significantly less hair to clean around your home.
- Pet coats are less likely to have matting or debris which can harbor skin irritations, insects or parasites.
- deShedding helps keep the skin clean, promotes healthy fur regrowth and regulates body temperature.